Thursday, December 2, 2010

Something’s Missing…

First Thing Missing – Another tree from the ACME Jr. side of Lynch Park. A majestic old oak was rotten and hollowed out inside and taken down by a tree service first thing this morning. It was a sad sight and it kept me from parking behind the building. Blah.



Second Thing Missing – Me, I had the day off yesterday to finish xmas shopping. Pandora and Toys R' Us are now the proud owners of my hard-earned money.

Third Thing Missing – Wallpaper in the main office. Josh has been arriving early and leaving late, a result of non-stop wallpaper removal. We haven’t decided what color to paint the clean, new walls. Gail thinks I should be in charge of choosing, but I can't handle the responsibility. In a past poll, you helped decide to paint the office purple and I hope that sticks…

Tonight is the Recreation Commission’s annual dinner at the Beverly Depot. Mmmmm, steak… mmmmm, salad bar. Delicious morsels aside, I was forced to prepare an year end report, which was a blessing in disguise because I reflected on all of our 2010 accomplishments. Bev Rec RULES, is basically what I deduced.

No Skev yet this week, but I think he’ll show up soon. He has stories from Thanksgiving Eve and his BHS reunion. I… cannot… wait…

Want to volunteer to work at Beverly's New Year? Please let me know. You can take a two-hour shift at the glamorous GAR Hall, assisting with costumes for the procession. Contact me!

New "Missing" poll, green box, to the right. Vote!

Follow, comment, pass it on, enjoy!

www.bevrec.com

No comments:

Post a Comment